Centrepoint Cleaning Pty. Ltd acknowledges that it will establish and maintain Green Cleaning Procedures that will endeavour to minimise the effect of its operations on the environment and maximise the health and safety of the population.
We will continually aim to improve our environmental performance by:
- Encouraging the ongoing professional development and motivation of staff to work in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Ensuring that all cleaning staff are aware of their responsibilities in implementing this environmental policy.
- Being aware of current and developing trends and products to enhance green cleaning principals.
- Conserving energy, water and other resources while still providing a cleaned and sanitary environment.
- Complying with all relevant legislation and industry standards.
- The use of green cleaning products with low- volatile organic compounds whenever possible.
- The use of products that meet EPA standards with high post-consumer recycled content.
- The use of equipment with good filtration.
- Working towards the elimination of phosphates and aerosol products.
- The use of concentrated cleaning products when available.
- The use of chemicals that are automatically and accurately diluted using cold water.
- Minimising the impact of our carbon footprint in carrying out our responsibilities through the adoption of the foregoing actions together with ensuring that our personnel are aware of the most practical way to access or travel between cleaning sites.
GREEN CLEANING "SmartColour"
We are in regular contact with suppliers regarding the latest information on microfiber cloths, color coding and cross contamination and consumables and chemicals, which will enhance our "green cleaning" policy.
Centrepoint Cleaning has various systems and check in place; however a simple and effective procedure is the 'SmartColour' Cleaning System. It combines Centrepoint Cleaning's technology with the productivity and sanitation benefits of visual coding. For the first time, ergonomic cleaning products are available with color-coded enhancements that help our employees easily organise both their equipment and their workday. The results are improved performance, better sanitation and cleaner facilities.
For example, distinct color-coding makes it easy to separate tools into their correct areas of use or cleaning task. 'Wet area' tools are kept in the toilet areas, kitchen tools are kept in the kitchen, and so on - reducing bacteria cross-contamination between high and low-risk areas. Proper use creates a healthier, more sanitary environment that benefits employees, occupants and visitors.
Example of Color Coding Applications:
Red: For cleaning and disinfecting toilets, urinals and high-risk
or hazardous wet areas.
Yellow: For cleaning showers, mirrors and other low-risk wet areas.
Green: Foodservice, for cleaning areas where food is handled and stored.
Blue: For all other areas and surface types, but never in areas where red, yellow or green tools are mandated.